There is a lot of competition out there now. More and more businesses are online and are thus trying to get their website to rank high. The World Wide Web is the new Yellow Pages. The difference is that with the Yellow Pages, there was no maintenance needed… your ad was printed on paper and put into a book and that was it.
With websites, the paper changes… web browsers update, server software updates and so forth. If you’re not watching to make sure your website still looks good, then it might not be. You could then be ranked lower and not receive much traffic at all. Then, the people coming to see your website might not see it correctly.
Who Should Do Website Maintenance?
It should be done by someone who really knows what they’re doing. They should be up to date on the latest tools and techniques. They should know how to fix things quickly and be careful with what they do. That is where we come in. Let us help you keep up with the competition.
A well maintained website is a healthy website. If you’re not keeping up with it, your website could be LOSING you money!
What our Maintenance include:
• Back up your website and store offline
• Check for updates to your Content Management System and extensions
• Write one blog post
• Check for and fix any broken links
• Review your website statistics and make adjustments to your site where needed
• Add new content, tweak your calls to action, etc.
• Update or add listings to local directories
• Check for 404 (Page not found) errors and fix link or set up redirect
• Review progress toward your website goal
• Ensure any dated content is up to date
• Review and tweak your title tags
• Review and update your meta descriptions
• Check your page load speed
• Test your forms
• Test your website on new browsers
• Remove any unneeded website extensions
• Remove any inactive website administrators
• Review all company contact information and update as needed
• Test your latest backup
• Check your ordering process (if you are running ecommerce)
• Update your copyright date in your footer and update other date references
• Review each page of your website for content accuracy
• Renew your website domain name(s)
• Review your overall web strategy
• Examine the overall design of your site